Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Blazing Bat

Not long after I came up with Missile Mouse in 1992 (see all about that here) I came up with his nemesis: Blazing Bat. He's a fixture in MM mythology and a key player in Missile Mouse: Rescue on Tankium3. Below is the first drawing of MM fighting BB.

Blazing Bat year 1992

The years passed and I kept drawing Missile Mouse, but Blazing Bat got shelved. In the early 2000's my interest in the Missile Mouse character intensified and I thought I'd take another stab at the bat:

Blazing Bat year 2001

And now present day. I knew I wanted to bring Blazing Bat back to the Missile Mouse graphic novel series so that meant updating the design.

Blazing Bat Concept Sketches

Blazing Bat Concept Sketches

Blazing Bat Concept Sketch

Blazing Bat Concept Sketches

Blazing Bat Concept Sketch

And here's the final design.

Blazing Bat

Blazing Bat

And the Blazing Bat in action:

MM: Rescue on Tankium3 pg 101

MM: Rescue on Tankium3 pg 102

MM: Rescue on Tankium3 pg 103

MM: Rescue on Tankium3 pg 104

MM: Rescue on Tankium3 pg 105

2 comments:

Besolved said...

I didn’t know the bat was also almost 2 decennia old, nice post!
I did say that already on your other website is that right? ;-)

That is a pretty decent website you've got here, you must have been busy here.

Unknown said...

Super comic